Wednesday, 5 October 2011

I am on board.

Hi all.

I am on board and excited (and nervous) for this assignment.

Chat soon.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Filomena
    Very glad you are on board, and this without the orientation in February. I hope you will soon find yourself like a fish in the water with the new media we are using.
    Now it is getting a prototype for yourself (a small scale learningproject or experience using any kind of e-learning), lots of reflection on your blog (and comments on the main blog and on other students' blogs) incorporating the ADDIE model, so that your assignment is just writing up your whole project.
    Best of luck
    JP

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you are on board for this module. I hope we will be hearing about your ideas for e-learning in your context.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Filomena
    I hope you are doing well. Do you need any assistance with your blog or with your assignments? I would be greatful to help.
    Regards
    JP

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good morning.

    I have had a delay in taking off (delays with internet processes)and I thank you Dr Bosman for assisting me.

    As required - I will be applying the Instructional Design Model - ADDIE and I would like to start by giving you my thoughts for this design to follow:
    My current students - students of a basic nursing programme - have a compulsory module on Infection prevention programme (IPP)- HANDWASHING. Literture / studies have clearly indicated that due to poor handwashing techniques,not washing hands at all and poor compliance to the principles of IPP - between nursing interventions/task has contributed greating to nosocomial acquired infections.
    According to the WHO - who started a purposeful drive to focus on handwashing. The section - Handwashing appears 'small' however,it is of vital imporatance.
    The audience will - be the 2nd year nurses (soon to be Enrolled Nurses) and the focus is 'Handwashing".
    The delivery option of this design will be a power point in conjuction with podcasts; you tube video's. The power point will have the information 'handwashing' and the students will be guided to move from the PP to the podcasts and videos to fully understande the context and they will have time practice the handwashing techniques (on video as well).
    A constraint / challenge that I am experinceing is for the design of this module to make it easy for my students to follow.
    A plan I do have is to 'test' this design with 2 to 3 of my students - to see if they understand it and if its easy to follow.
    This is all for now - I will blog again in the next 2 days.
    Regards -FB.

    PS: Dr Bosman i attempted to post comment this morning but it would not go through. I saved it and therefor I am attempting again.

    ReplyDelete